The Nano Instrumentation Center (NIC) is based on DoD DURIP Award N0014-12-1-0777 from the Office of Naval Research and is sponsored by the College of Engineering. It is dedicated to the free exchange of ideas and expertise. The facility is open to all faculty and students at Temple University as well as researchers at nearby academic institutions and industrial companies.
The NIC is open Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM and weekends by request.
PROSPECTIVE USERS CAN ACCESS THE COE·NIC FACILITY BY FOLLOWING THIS PROCEDURE:
- View available lab times here, then create an account and reserve your time with the Facility Online Manager.
- Temple Internal Users - Please download the Facility Access Request Form, fill in, sign and obtain approval from Facility Director.
- External Users - Please see the External User Guide.
- The facility manager will contact you and schedule a training session for you in commonly appropriate time. You must complete a training session before you can use the facility.
- Once you have completed the training session, you can then reserve time to use the instrument through FOM.
- Please familiarize yourself with the NIC rules of using the facility and SEM.
- Click to view the Temple University user rates or the external rates.
- Oxford EDS Getting Started Guide
- Oxford EDS - Silicon Drift Detectors Explained
- Oxford EDS AZtec User Manual