- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 by the end of the 5th semester
- Ability to complete their undergraduate degree in four total years/eight total collegiate semesters (including work previously completed at other institutions attended)
- Completion of required coursework as outlined in the application.
- Applicants must submit a completed +1 Degree application to the program coordinator by December 10th of the their 5th semester and complete a Graduate Application.
- Recommendation letters from two faculty members; at least one must be from a faculty member in the relevant department. These letters must be submitted in a sealed envelope bearing the writers signature on the flap of the envelope.
- Personal Statement
- An up-to-date resume
The application and supporting documents must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10th of your 5th semester. The GRE is not required.
- Requires at least a 3.25 cumulative transfer GPA
- The program coordinator will conditionally accept transfer students into the +1 program if the students can complete their undergraduate degree in a total of eight collegiate semesters. This includes three, contiguous full-time semesters beginning with Junior year Spring Term (6th collegiate semester), and with 45 credits completed at Temple prior to the student's third graduate course in the Spring Term of the student's senior year.
- Once accepted, transfer students will take one graduate course in the spring of their junior year (6th collegiate semester), one in the fall of the senior year (7th collegiate semester) and (if 45 credits are completed with a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the end of the fall semester of their senior year) one in the spring of their senior year (8th collegiate semester).
- Students must be able to complete their graduate degree in one year directly following the completion of their undergraduate degree. If for whatever reason you do not complete the undergraduate degree in three contiguous semesters or a 3.0 cumulative GPA prior to senior year, you can still apply to the Graduate School through the normal application process.
- Students must be able to complete their undergraduate degree in four total years (eight total collegiate semesters) and the graduate degree in one year directly following the completion of their undergraduate degree.
Once admitted, you need to register for the three required graduate-level courses in place of three undergraduate technical electives. Students must obtain at least a grade of “B” in these graduate-level courses.
After matriculating formally into the graduate program (summer semester after completing undergraduate requirements), students must take an additional 21 semester hours of graduate-level coursework and complete either a research (thesis or project) or non-research (coursework only) option. Students pursing the thesis option must complete a total of 24 semester hours of coursework and 6 semester hours of thesis. Students completing the project option must complete 27 semester hours of coursework and 3 semester hours of thesis. Students must maintain a cumulative and semester GPA of at least a 3.0 to remain in the program and to graduate with a master’s degree.
Students enrolled in the +1 program must register for a 9 semesters hours of graduate-level courses during their junior and senior year. The graduate courses taken as undergraduate electives will be coded as undergraduate courses on the transcript and undergraduate tuition will apply. The student will be required to pay no additional fees.