International students have access to a first-rate education and cutting-edge research opportunities at the College of Engineering.

International Applicant Requirements

In addition to the standard application requirements, international applicants must submit the following credentials:

  • Official transcripts/marksheets and degree certificates or diplomas in their original language as well as English translations of these academic documents by an appropriate university or government official.  Unofficial copies can be submitted for the purposes of application review, however if admitted, official copies must be received prior to matriculation.  
     Although not required, international applicants are encouraged to submit a NACES accredited course by course evaluation of all post-secondary institutions attended in order to expedite the review process. If applicants do not submit an official evaluation, Temple University will evaluate the transcripts internally.
  • Official results from the TOEFL exam. Please submit these scores directly to Temple University using the code 2906. Applicants who have taken the IELTS exam can email a copy of their scores to

Applicants seeking an F-1 or J-1 visa must also submit:

For more information on international student resources, please visit the International Student and Scholar Services site.

Applicants from China

For applicants who have their completed degree(s), please follow these steps to ensure that your documents are properly sent:

  • Have degree and diploma certificates, including bachelor’s degree/diploma, master’s degree/diploma, and Ph.D., issued in Chinese; photocopies are acceptable. 
  • Arrange for the Chinese document(s) to be verified and sent to the College of Engineering, along with an English language verification report, by the Ministry of Education-designated agency: China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC).  
  • Ensure that transcripts include the official stamp of the degree awarding institution and lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of study.  Arrange for the documents to be verified and sent directly to College of Engineering, along with an English-language verification report, by the Ministry of Education-designated agency: China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC).  The agency should mail the documents to the College of Engineering at the address listed below. 
  • If the official transcript is in Chinese, please provide a precise, word-for-word official English translation of the documents.

Applicants with incomplete transcripts can send their transcripts(s) via China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) or China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC).

Mail all documents and instruct agencies to send files to:

          Office of Admissions and Graduate Student Services
          College of Engineering
          Temple University
          1947 N. 12th Street
          Philadelphia, PA 19122

Applicants from India

Applicants must submit attested individual marksheets and attested copy of the final or provisional certificate. All documents must be attested by the Registrar or Controller of Examinations at the Parent University and then sent sealed directly to the College of Engineering by the examining authority in an envelope bearing the institution’s seal or stamp and/or an appropriate signature across the sealed flap.


Applicants can submit photocopies and have the copies attested to by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar at the Parent University. The Controller or Registrar should then place the verified marksheets in an envelope, seal the envelope, and sign it across the flap before returning it to you to forward to the College of Engineering. If the seal is broken when the envelope reaches Temple University, the marksheets will not be accepted. Attestations from persons outside the offices of the Controller of Examinations or Registrar, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will not be accepted.

Documents attested by a college official from an affiliated college or consolidated transcripts will not be accepted.

For more specific information regarding transcript submission, foreign degree equivalency, and score reporting for the TOEFL or IELTS exams, international students should visit the Temple University Graduate School website.