The College graduated the first cohort of seniors in the Spring 2016. The Bioengineering (B.S.) program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and Program Criteria for Bioengineering and Biomedical and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
Program Educational Objectives
The Bioengineering Program has three Program Educational Objectives (PEOs). Graduates of Temple University BSBE program will:
- Experience success in a variety of Bioengineering-related postgraduate environments or other diverse areas that require technical and/or professional skills.
- Pursue professional development through life-long learning, including continuing or advanced education, relevant to their career path.
- Effectively contribute to their employer’s mission through leadership, education, effective collaboration, and creative problem solving.
1. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment Data and Graduation Data:
Undergraduate - 180
Graduate - 25
Graduates 2021-2022 ***
Doctoral - 6
MS - 14
BS - 61
*** - July 1, 2021 to June 2022