Program Educational Objectives
- The Temple University BS ME Program recruits diverse, resourceful students that want to innovate technical solutions for the issues facing modern society.
- The Temple University BS ME Program provides its students with a thorough training in mechanical engineering, interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial opportunities, extensive teamwork experience, and exposure to cutting-edge engineering research.
- The Temple University BS ME Program graduates accomplished individuals with the intellectual breadth to identify needs, the communication skills to achieve consensus, and engineering capability to facilitate innovation in societally responsible manner.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment Data and Graduation Data:
Undergraduate - 505
Graduate - 33
Graduates 2018 - 2019***
Doctoral - 2
MS - 4
BS - 118
*** - July 1, 2018 to June 2019