Tuition and Financial Assistance Information
Tuition Rates for the 2016-2017 Academic Year:
- Pennsylvania Resident: $995 / semester hour
- Out-of-State Resident: $1319 / semester hour
There are a number of different types of financial assistance opportunities available to incoming students in the College of Engineering.
For Ph.D. Students Only
- Teaching and Research Assistantships: All qualified full-time applicants are automatically reviewed for either a teaching or research assistantship. There is no separate application necessary to be considered for one of these awards. Students awarded an assistantship receive a stipend, tuition remission and health insurance. In exchange for this, students are asked to conduct research or assist faculty in the classroom. Preference is given to those applicants who already have M.S. degrees.
- University-Wide Fellowships: Temple University offers a limited number of fellowships to support its most outstanding applicants. Nominations for fellowships are submitted by the department / program only; self-nomination is not permitted. Fellowships typically provide a stipend, tuition remission and health insurance coverage.
For M.S. Students Only
- Merit-based Scholarships: The College of Engineering awards a number of merit-based scholarships to our most competitive master's degree applicants. Students are automatically considered for these awards when they are reviewed for admission, and will be notified at time of admission if they've received such an award.
For All Graduate Students
- Federal Aid: U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible to apply for need-based assistance by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Merit-based National Fellowships: The Office of Scholar Development and Fellowships Advising (SDFA) offers assistance to Temple students in all stages of the application process for competitive, merit-based national fellowships.
- Additional Resources for International Students: Temple's Office of International Student and Scholar Services provides information about a variety of funding sources available to international students pursuing an education in the United States. Learn more about financial aid for international students by visit their website. You can find further information on scholarships for international students by visiting International Education Financial Aid and EducationUSA.