The College of Engineering at Temple University welcomes applications to its doctoral, master’s, and certificate programs. Applications are considered on a rolling basis for both the fall and spring terms. We suggest you apply early to allow plenty of time for processing the required credentials. Upon receiving all of the required credentials, the application will be reviewed individually by the appropriate department.
Requirements — Ph.D. and M.S. degree programs
- An undergraduate degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited or equivalent institution. Students with an undergraduate degree in a related field will also be considered for admission, though they may be required to complete some prerequisite coursework. For applicants to the doctoral program, a master’s degree is preferred, though not required.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Minimum GRE scores as follows: Verbal – 150, Quantitative – 151, Analytical Writing – 4.5
- For applicants whose native language is not English, the TOEFL or IELTS exam is required with the following minimum scores: 79 on the internet-based TOEFL OR a 6.5 on the academic version of the IELTS.
Application Materials — Ph.D. and M.S. degree programs
The following credentials must be submitted for doctoral or master's degree programs:
- Completed graduate application and submission of the application fee. Click here for the online application.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Applicants presenting international transcripts/credentials should click here for additional information.
- Three letters of reference
- Statement of Goals
- Resumé / CV
- Official GRE score report sent directly from the Educational Testing Agency (ETS). Temple University’s institutional code is 2906.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, the TOEFL or the academic-version of the IELTS exam is required. TOEFL scores must be submitted directly from the testing agency. Students who have taken the IELTS can submit a photocopy of their score results.
How to Send Your Application Materials
We encourage you to submit an online application.
The following credentials can be sent to our office either via email to email@example.com or by hard-copy mail to the college address listed below.
- Goals statement (note: this can also be uploaded in the online application)
- Resumé / CV
- Reference letters - if sending these via email, they should come directly from your reference writer's personal email address
- Both the GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent officially to Temple University directly from ETS. Students who have taken the IELTS can submit a photocopy of their score results.
- Transcripts must be sent officially to the College of Engineering directly from your institution. If your institution is able to send official transcripts via email, then please have them emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts should be mailed directly to the following address:
Office of Admissions and Graduate Student Services
College of Engineering
1947 N. 12th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
If needed, a paper application can be found at Temple Graduate Admissions.
Priority Application Deadlines - FALL 2017 APPLICATION DEADLINES EXTENDED!
|Fall Term||Spring Term|
|Domestic Students||3/1 6/1||11/1|
|International Students||3/1 6/1||8/1|
|Funding Consideration - Ph.D. applicants only |
(Domestic and International)
Applications received after the stated deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Check Your Application Status
You can track your application status to determine the progress of your application and whether an admission decision has been made by clicking here.