Tuesday, 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Dr. Huichun (Judy) Zhang is an environmental engineer/chemist in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Temple University, Philadelphia, PA. Her research focuses on the fate and transformation of environmental contaminants in natural and engineered aquatic environments and their removal from drinking water and wastewater effluents. Dr. Zhang has published in numerous journals, including 13 papers on Environmental Science and Technology, a leading journal in the environmental field. She has recently received two research grants from the U.S. National Science Foundation as the single PI.
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- M.S. Environmental Chemistry, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
- B.S. Environmental Chemistry, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Temple University, August 2010-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and Environmental Sciences, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, August 2008-August 2010
- National Research Council Postdoctoral Associate, National Exposure Research Laboratory, U. S. EPA, Athens, GA, August 2005-July 2008
- Zhang, H.*, Taujale, S., Huang, J., Lee, G.-J. 2015. "Effect of NOM on Oxidative Reactivity of Manganese Dioxide in Binary Oxide Mixtures with Goethite or Hematite". Langmuir, ASAP. DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.5b00101.
- Jadbabaei, N. and Zhang, H.*2014 "Sorption Mechanisms and Predictive Model for the Removal of Cationic Organic Contaminants by Cation Exchange Resins". Environ. Sci. Technol. 48, 4572-14581
- Zhang, H.*, A.J. Shields, N. Jadbabaei, M. Nelson, B. Pan, and R.P.S. Suri; 2014 "Understanding and Modeling Removal of Anionic Organic Contaminants (AOCs) by Anion Exchange Resins". Environ. Sci. Technol. 48, 7494-7502
- Pan, B. and Zhang, H.*2014 "Reconstruction of Adsorption Potential in Polanyi-based Models and Applications to Various Adsorbents". Environ. Sci. Technol. 48, 6772-6779.
- Chen, Y. and Zhang, H.* 2013. “Complexation Facilitated Reduction of Aromatic N-Oxides by Aqueous FeII-Tiron Complex: Reaction Kinetics and Mechanisms”, Environ. Sci. Technol. 47, 11023−11031.
- Pan, B. and Zhang, H.* 2013. “Interaction Mechanisms and Predictive Model for the Sorption of Aromatic Compounds onto Nonionic Resins”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2013, 117 (34), 17707–17715.
- Zhang, H. and Weber, E. J. 2013 “Identifying Indicators of Reactivity for Chemical Reductants in Natural Sediments”. Environ. Sci. Technol. 47 (13), pp 6959–6968.
- Pan, B. and Zhang, H.* 2012. “A Modified Polanyi-based Model for Mechanistic Understanding of Adsorption of Phenolic Compounds onto Polymeric Adsorbents”, Environ. Sci. Technol. 46(12), 6806−6814.
- Taujale, S. and Zhang, H.* 2012. “Impact of Interactions between Metal Oxides to Oxidative Reactivity of Manganese Dioxide”, Environ. Sci. Technol. 46(5), 2764−2771
- Transformation and fate of emerging contaminants in natural and engineered environments
- Interfacial reactions of contaminants with natural minerals
- Reaction mechanisms and kinetic modeling
- Reduction-oxidation processes
- Polymeric sorbents for the removal of emerging contaminants
- Predictive modeling for sorption of single and multi-solutes by various sorbents
- National Science Foundation
- PA Sea Grant
- USDA through PA-WRRC
- Research Corporation