Monday 11:00 - 12:00PM
Wednesday 11:00 -12:00PM
Thursday 1:00 - 2:00PM
Chang-Hee (Andy) Won is an associate professor of electrical and computer engineering in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the director of Control, Sensor, Network, and Perception (CSNAP) Laboratory at Temple University. Previous to coming to academia, he worked at Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute as a senior research engineer. Currently, he is actively guiding various research projects funded by National Science Foundation, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and Department of Defense. He received over $1M of research funding as a principal investigator from industry, state, and federal funding sources. His research interests include stochastic optimal control theory, navigation, tactile sensors, hyperspectral imaging, and tactile imaging system. He is a member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Eta Kappa Nu, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), and SPIE.
- PhD Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, 1995
- MSEE, University of Notre Dame, 1992
- BSEE, University of Notre Dame, 1989
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, 2000-2005.
- Adjunct Professor (Concurrent Appointment), Department of Space Studies, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, 2003-2005
- Senior Member of Research Staff, Satellite Communications Department, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Korea, 1995-2000.
- J. Lee and C.H. Won, “Topology Preserving Relaxation Labeling for Non-rigid Point Matching,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 33, No. 2, February 2011, pp.427-432.
- Jong-Ha Lee, Chang-Hee Won. (2011). “Tactile Elasticity Imaging Sensor and Non-rigid Pattern Matching Algorithm,” IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 11, No. 9, ISSN: 1530-437X, September 2011, pp. 2084-2093.
- C.H. Won, R. Diersing and B. Kang. (October 2010) “Statistical Control of Control-Affine Nonlinear Systems with Nonquadratic Cost Functions: HJB Equations and Verification Theorems,” Automatica, Vol. 46, Issue 10, pp. 1636-1645.
- J. Lee, C.H. Won, Nathaniel Marchetti, “Determining the operative line of resection for image-guided emphysema surgery using a laser scanner and non-rigid registration,” The International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, Vol. 6, April 27, 2010, pp.239-249.
- A. Ahn, C.H. Won, “DPGS/IMU Integration-Based Geolocation System: Airborne Experimental Test Results,” Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 13, June 2009, pp. 316-324.
- Sensors and Control Systems
- National Science Foundation
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- BioStrategy Partners
- Department of Defense