Tuesday and Thursday 12:30PM - 1:50 PM
(or by appointment)
Dr. EvelynWalters is an Assistant Professor of Instruction in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Temple University. Her recent research has dealt with evaluating the impacts of combined sewer overflows on river water quality, as well as the role that particulate matter plays in the fate and transport of microbial pollution. She is additionally interested in biofilms found both in engineered and natural systems and the utilization of tools such as confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM) and microelectrodes to investigate these ubiquitous coatings.
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, Technische Universität München, 2013
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, Technische Universität München, 2009
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Manhattan College 2003
Assistant Professor (Teaching/Instruction), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Temple University, February 2014
- Walters, E., Rutschmann, P., Schwarzwalder, K., Muller, E., Horn, H. Fate of Fecal Indicator Bacteria from Combined Sewer Overflows in Rivers., gwf Wasser/Abwasser 156(2015) 62-70 (in German).
- E. Walters, K. Kätzl, K. Schwarzwälder, P. Rutschmann, E. Müller, H. Horn, Persistence of Fecal Indicator Bacteria in Sediment of an Oligotrophic River: Comparing Large and Lab-Scale Flume Systems, Water Research 61 (2014) 276–287.
- E. Walters, K. Schwarzwälder, P. Rutschmann, E. Müller, H. Horn, Influence of Resuspension on the Fate of Fecal Indicator Bacteria in Large-Scale Flumes Mimicking an Oligotrophic River, Water Research 48 (2014) 466–477.
- E. Walters, M. Graml, C. Behle, E. Müller, H. Horn, Influence of Particle Association and Suspended Solids on UV Inactivation of Fecal Indicator Bacteria in an Urban River, Water, Air, & Soil Pollution 225 (1) (2013) 1–9.
- E. Walters, K. McClellan, R. U. Halden, Occurrence and loss over three years of 72 pharmaceuticals and personal care products from biosolids-soil mixtures in outdoor mesocosms.,Water Research 44 (20) (2010) 6011–6020.
- E. Walters, A. Hille, M. He, C. Ochmann, H. Horn, Simultaneous nitrification/denitrification in a biofilm airlift suspension (BAS) reactor with biodegradable carrier material., Water Research 43 (18) (2009) 4461–4468.