Dr. Rominder Suri is Director of the W.E.T. Center in the College of Engineering. His research involves the evaluation of emerging contaminants, water quality, and advance oxidation processes for the pharmaceutical industry. Funding comes from many federal and state agencies, as well as private companies.
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1995
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1992
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Institute of Technology, India, 1990
- Registered Professional Engineer, Environmental Engineering
- Director, National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center - Water and Environmental Technology (WET) Center, Temple University 2009-present
The WET Center is a partnership between Temple Univ. (lead), Univ. of Arizona, and Arizona State Univ.
- Director, NSF Water Technology Innovation Ecosystem, Temple University, 2011–present
- Professor, July 2011 to present, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Temple University
- Associate Professor, 2008-2011, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Temple University
- E. V. Rokhina, N. S. Vattikonda, C. Johnson, R. P.S. Suri (2012) Ozonation of a mixture of steroid hormones in aqueous solution: interpretation of the experimental results by computational methods, Chemosphere, 89: 1323-1329.
- Suri, R.P.S., Singh, T.S., Chimchirian, R.F., and H. Fu. (2012), Effect of Process Conditions on the Analysis of Free and Conjugated Estrogen Hormones by Solid Phase Extraction - Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (SPE- GC/MS). Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 184, 1657-1669.
- Andaluri, G., Ekaterina, V. R., Suri, R.S. (2012) Evaluation of relative importance of ultrasound reactor parameters for the removal of estrogen hormones in water, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol 19, 4, 953-958.
- Rokhina, E., R.S. Suri. (2012) Application of density functional theory (DFT) to study the properties and degradation of natural estrogen hormones with chemical oxidizers, Science of Total Environment (417–418) 280-290.
- Manickavachagam Muruganandham, Ramakrishnan Amutha, Mahmoud S. M. Abdel Wahed, Bashir Ahmmad, Yasushige Kuroda, Rominder P.S. Suri Mika Sillanpää, (2012) Controlled fabrication of α-GaOOH and α-Ga2O3 self-assembly and its superior photocatalytic activity. J. Phys. Chem. 116, 44-53.
- Manickavachagam Muruganandham, Ramakrishnan Amutha, Bashir Ahmad, Yasushige Kuroda, Rominder P.S. Suri, Mika Sillanpää (2012): Does hydrothermal decomposition of metal-oxalates is an alternative to conventional thermal decomposition process for the self-assembled material preparation? Under review with Crystal Engineering Coummunication.
Funding comes from many federal and state agencies, as well as private companies.