Keya Sadeghipour was appointed Acting Dean of the College of Engineering in 1998 and became Dean in 2003. In 2005, while a search for a permanent dean was conducted, he also served the CST as its Interim Dean until January 2007. His current research interests are in the areas of dental materials (NIH), Bioengineering (various sources), and Intelligent Manufacturing Systems. He has guided several research and industrial related projects and been involved in receiving over $8M funding from various industry and government sources. He has also been the principal author of numerous papers in national and international journals and publications. At Temple, he received the Exceptional Research Award.
National and International Organizations to which he belongs include the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the International Association for Dental Research (IADR), and the Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME). He is a Program Evaluator for ABET.
- PhD. Mechanical Engineering, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), 1984
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, UMIST, 1981
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, UMIST, 1979
- Dean, College of Engineering, Temple University, 2003-present.
- Acting Dean, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, 2007-2008.
- Acting Dean, College of Engineering, Temple University, 1998-2003.
- Laksari K., Darvish K., Sadeghipour K., (2012), ”Propagation of shock waves in non- linear viscoelastic tissues: A proposed mechanism of injury”, Journal of Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, under review.
- Wang, W.; Zhang, H.; Sadeghipour, K.; Baran, G. (2013): “Effect of Posterolateral Disc Replacement on Kinematics and Stress Distribution in the Lumbar Spine: A Finite Element Study”. Medical Engineering and Physics.
- Laksari, K., Shafieian, M., Darvish, K., Sadeghipour, K: “Shock Wave Propagation as a Mechanism of Injury in Nonlinear Viscoelastic Soft Tissues, IMECE 2011, Nov. 11-17, 2011.
- Wang, W.; Sadeghipour, K.; Baran, G: “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of AFM Studies of a Single Polymer Chain” Physics Letters A 372, 7007-7010, 2008
- Wang, W.; Sadeghipour, K.; Baran, G: “Finite Element Analysis of the Effect of an Interphase on Toughening of a Particle-Reinforced Polymer Composite” Composites: Part A39: 956-964, 2008.
- Finite Element Methods
- Dental and Bio Materials
- Department of Defense
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Department of Education
- National Institutes of Health