Monday 10:00 – 10:50 am
Tuesday 10:00 – 11:50 am
Dr. Vallorie Peridier is an Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering at Temple University, and has served on the faculty since 1989. She also has seven years of industry experience (Western Electric; PP&L - Nuclear Power Division, Rates and Market Research).
- Ph.D. Engineering Mathematics, Lehigh University
- B.A. Physics, Bryn Mawr College, summa cum laude
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1996-present
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1989-1996
- Rates and Market Research, Pennsylvania Power & Light, 1983-1989
- Peridier, V.J. "One-dimensional unsteady conduction model," chapter in Analysis of Novel Air-Bearing Glass-Tempering Device (2012), SIAM/MPI.
- Peridier, V.J. "Facet Surface Representation," Mathematica Journal 13, (July,2011), 15pp.
- Peridier, V.J. "Porosimetry," chapter in Characterization of Porous Filtration Media (2009), SIAM/MPI.
- Peridier, V.J. "Reversible Two-Color Cellular Automaton Rules," Wolfram Demonstrations Project, 2008
- Peridier, V.J. "Basic schemes for two-dimensional reversible cellular automata," Complex Systems 18, p. 43-51.
- Cellular automata applied to inverse problems in optical scattering