Tuesday & Thursday 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Ph.D. Engineering Physics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- B.Eng. Optics & Optoelectronics, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
- Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Temple University 2009-present
- Post Doctoral Researcher, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2007-2009
- D. Sil, K. D. Gilroy, A. Boulesbaa, A. Niaux, S. Neretina, E. Borguet, Seeing is believing: Hot electron based gold nanoplasmonic optical hydrogen sensor, ACS Nano (2014). (accepted)
- K. D. Gilroy, P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Sacrificial templates for galvanic replacement reactions: Design criteria for the synthesis of pure Pt nanoshells with a smooth surface morphology, Chem. Mater. (2014). DOI: 10.1021/cm501418d
- K. D. Gilroy, S. Neretina, R. W. Sunders, Behavior of gold nanoparticles in an experimental algal-zooplankton food chain, J. Nanopart. Res. (2014). DOI 10.1007/s11051-014-2414-2
- A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, K. D. Gilroy, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Eutectic combinations as a pathway to the formation of substrate-based Au-Ge heterodimers and hollowed Au nanocrescents with tunable optical properties, Small (2014). DOI: 10.1002/smll.201400383
- K. D. Gilroy, A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Mechanistic Study of Substrate-Based Galvanic Replacement Reactions, Nano Res. 7 (3) 365-379 (2014). DOI: 10.1007/s12274-013-0402-y
- A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, K. D. Gilroy, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Organized surfaces of highly faceted single-crystal palladium structures seeded by sacrificial templates, Cryst. Growth Des. 13 (9) 3847-3851 (2013). DOI: 10.1021/cg400974f
- K. D. Gilroy, P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Substrate-based galvanic replacement reaction carried out on heteroepitaxially formed silver templates, Nano Res. 6, 418-428 (2013).
- P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, K. D. Gilroy, Z. E. Eskin, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Dynamic templating: A large area processing route for the assembly of periodic arrays of sub-micrometer and nanoscale structures Nanoscale 5, 1929-1938 (2013).