Monday & Thursday 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Ph.D. Engineering Physics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- B.Eng. Optics & Optoelectronics, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Temple University 2015-present
- Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Temple University 2009-2015
- Post Doctoral Researcher, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2007-2009
- M. Hajfathalian, K. D. Gilroy, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Citrate-induced nanocubes: A reexamination of the role of citrate as a shape-directing capping agent for Ag-based nanostructures, Small (accepted) (2016).
- E. Menumerov, K. D. Gilroy, M. Hajfathalian, C. J. Murphy, E. R. McKenzie, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Plastically deformed Cu-based alloys as high-performance catalysts for the reduction of 4-nitrophenol, Catalysis Science & Technology (accepted) (2016).
- E. Menumerov, B. A. Marks, D. A. Dikin, F. X. Lee, R. D. Winslow, S. Guru, D. Sil, E. Borguet, P. Hutapea, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Sensing hydrogen gas from atmospheric pressure to a hundred parts per million with nanogaps fabricated using a single-step bending deformation, ACS Sens. 1, 73-80 (2016). DOI: 10.1021/acssensors.5b00102
- M. Hajfathalian, K. D. Gilroy, A. Yaghoubzade, A. Sundar, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Photocatalytic enhancements to the reduction of 4-nitrophenol by resonantly excited triangular gold-copper nanoprisms, J. Phys. Chem. C 119, 17308-17315 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.5b04618
- K. D. Gilroy, A. Sundar, M. Hajfathalian, A. Yaghoubzade, T. Tan, D. Sil. E. Borguet, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Trnasformation of truncated gold octahedrons into triangular nanoprisms through the heterogeneous nucleation of silver, Nanoscale 7, 6827-6835 (2015). DOI: 10.1039/c5nr00151j
- K. D. Gilroy, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Kinetically controlled nucleation of silver on surfactant-free gold seeds, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 15337-15345 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/ja5081635
- D. Sil, K. D. Gilroy, A. Boulesbaa, A. Niaux, S. Neretina, E. Borguet, Seeing is believing: Hot electron based gold nanoplasmonic optical hydrogen sensor, ACS Nano 8, 7755-7762 (2014). DOI: 10:1021/nn500765t
- K. D. Gilroy, P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Sacrificial templates for galvanic replacement reactions: Design criteria for the synthesis of pure Pt nanoshells with a smooth surface morphology, Chem. Mater. 26, 3340-3347 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/cm501418d
- K. D. Gilroy, S. Neretina, R. W. Sunders, Behavior of gold nanoparticles in an experimental algal-zooplankton food chain, J. Nanopart. Res. 16, 2414 (2014). DOI 10.1007/s11051-014-2414-2
- A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, K. D. Gilroy, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Eutectic combinations as a pathway to the formation of substrate-based Au-Ge heterodimers and hollowed Au nanocrescents with tunable optical properties, Small 10, 3379-3388 (2014). DOI: 10.1002/smll.201400383
- K. D. Gilroy, A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Mechanistic Study of Substrate-Based Galvanic Replacement Reactions, Nano Res. 7 (3) 365-379 (2014). DOI: 10.1007/s12274-013-0402-y
- A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, K. D. Gilroy, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Organized surfaces of highly faceted single-crystal palladium structures seeded by sacrificial templates, Cryst. Growth Des. 13 (9) 3847-3851 (2013). DOI: 10.1021/cg400974f
- K. D. Gilroy, P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Substrate-based galvanic replacement reaction carried out on heteroepitaxially formed silver templates, Nano Res. 6, 418-428 (2013). DOI: 10.1007/s12274-013-0319-5
- P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, K. D. Gilroy, Z. E. Eskin, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Dynamic templating: A large area processing route for the assembly of periodic arrays of sub-micrometer and nanoscale structures Nanoscale 5, 1929-1938 (2013).