Monday and Friday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (by appointment)
Wednesday 2:00-5:00 PM
Dr. M. Muruganandham is an Assistant Professor of Research at the WET Center in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Temple University.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India, August 2004
- M.Phil. Chemisty, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India, February 2001
- M.Sc. Chemistry, Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu, India, May 1999
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu, India, May 1997
- Assistant Professor (Research), NSF Water and Environmental Technology Center, College of Engineering, Temple University, January 2011 - present
- Experienced Marie Curie Researcher, Laboratory of Green Chemistry, University of Eastern Finland, August 2009 - September 2010
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Faculty of Science, Kagoshima University, Japan, November 2007 - August 2009
- Postdoctroral Fellow, Department of Environmental Engineering and Science, Feng Chia University, Taiwan-ROC, June 2005 - October 2007
- Research Officer, R&D, Tamilnadu Fluorine and Chemical Ltd, Cuddalore, India, October 2004 - May 2005
- Manickavachagam Muruganandham,* Ramakrishnan Amutha, Mahmoud S. M. Abdel Wahed, Bashir Ahmmad, Takahiro Ohkubo, Rominder P. S. Suri, Jerry J Wu and Mika Sillanpaa. Controlled Fabrication of α-GaOOH and α-Ga2O3 Self-Assembly and Its Superior Photocatalytic Activity. Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2012), 116, 44–53.
- Rominder P.S. Suri, Hilary M. Thornton, M. Muruganandham, Disinfection of water using Pt- and Ag-doped TiO2 photocatalysts. Environmental Technology, (2012), 1–9.
- R. Amutha, M. Muruganandham, G. J. Lee, and J. J. Wu, Facile Microwave-Combustion Synthesis of Wurtzite CdS Nanoparticles, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 11, (2011), 7940-7944.
- Manickavachagam Muruganandham,* Ramakrishnan Amutha, Marappan Sathish, Tony Sarvinder Singh, Rominder P. S. Suri, and Mika Sillanpaa. Facile Fabrication of Hierarchical α-Fe2O3: Self-Assembly and Its Magnetic and Electrochemical Properties. Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2011), 115, 18164–18173.
- Ramakrishnan Amutha, Manickavachagam Muruganandham,* Marappan Sathish, S. Akilandeswari, Rominder P. S. Suri, Evaliina Repo, and Mika Sillanpää. Crystallization-Induced Top-Down Wormlike Hierarchical Porous α-Fe2O3 Self-assembly. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. (2011), 115, 6367–6374
- Technology development for water and wastewater by using physic-chemical and biological methods
- Catalyst-based treatment processes
- Photochemical and catalytic technologies
- Synthesis of porous Catalysts/Materials for environmental remediation
- Catalysts/adsorbent characterization by UV, PL, XRD, SEM, HR-TEM,AFM, XPS, XRF and Surface area measurements techniques
- Nano and porous material preparation for industrial applications
- Study of fate and transport of nanoparticles in the environment
- Analytical instrument operations and data acquisition, troubleshooting and maintenance