Wednesday 2:00-5:00 PM
Dr. M. Muruganandham is an Assistant Professor of Instruction in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Temple University. He has published more than 65 research articles in reputed international journals. Dr. Muruganandham is the recipient of the prestigious Marie-Curie and JSPS Fellowships. He is one of the associated editors for Advanced Science Engineering and Medicine Journal published by American Scientific Publisher. He is collaborating various research projects with other universities in Finland, Japan and Taiwan.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India, August 2004
- M.Phil. Chemisty, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, India, February 2001
- M.Sc. Chemistry, Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu, India, May 1999
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu, India, May 1997
- Assistant Professor (Research), NSF Water and Environmental Technology Center, College of Engineering, Temple University, January 2011 - August 2015
- Experienced Marie Curie Researcher, Laboratory of Green Chemistry, University of Eastern Finland, August 2009 - September 2010
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Faculty of Science, Kagoshima University, Japan, November 2007 - August 2009
- Postdoctroral Fellow, Department of Environmental Engineering and Science, Feng Chia University, Taiwan-ROC, June 2005 - October 2007
· M. Muruganandham*, Rominder Suri, Mika Sillanpaa, Bashir Ahmmad, Gang-Juan Lee, Jerry J. Wu, Catalytic activity evaluation of mesoporous a-GaOOH microspheres self-assembly, Journal of Industrial Engineering Chemistry. 2015, 26, 348-353.
· M.Muruganandham* R.P.S. Suri, Sh. Jafari, M. Sillanpää, J. J Wu, M. Swaminathan. “Recent developments in homogeneous Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs) for water and wastewater treatment. International Journal of Photoenergy, (2014) 821674.
· M.Muruganandham*, Rominder Suri, Mahmoud S.M. Abdel Wahed, Mika Sillanpää, Bashir Ahmmad, Gang-Juan Lee, Jerry J. Wu, Solvothermal synthesis of mesoporous α-GaOOH semi-nanospheres, Material Letters, 111 (2013) 137-139.
· Manickavachagam Muruganandham,* Ramakrishnan Amutha, Mahmoud S. M. Abdel Wahed, Bashir Ahmmad, Takahiro Ohkubo, Rominder P. S. Suri, Jerry J Wu and Mika Sillanpaa. Controlled Fabrication of α-GaOOH and α-Ga2O3 Self-Assembly and Its Superior Photocatalytic Activity. Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2012), 116, 44–53.
· Manickavachagam Muruganandham,* Ramakrishnan Amutha, Marappan Sathish, Tony Sarvinder Singh, Rominder P. S. Suri, and Mika Sillanpaa. Facile Fabrication of Hierarchical α-Fe2O3: Self-Assembly and Its Magnetic and Electrochemical Properties. Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2011), 115, 18164–18173.
- Water and wastewater treatment technology development by using physic-chemical and biological methods
- Synthesis of pouros Catalysts/Materials for environmental remediation
- Photochemical and catalytic technologies
- Synthesis of porous Catalysts/Materials for environmental remediation
- Catalysts/adsorbent characterization by UV, PL, XRD, SEM, HR-TEM,AFM, XPS, XRF and Surface area measurements techniques
- Nano and porous material preparation for industrial applications
- Study of fate and transport of nanoparticles in the environment
- Analytical instrument operations and data acquisition, troubleshooting and maintenance