Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, Friday: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Dr. Hamid Heravi is an Assistant Professor of Instruction in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. He received his Ph.D. in Combustion and and Energy from the University of Cardiff, United Kingdom. Prior to joining Temple University, Dr. Heravi served as chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and then as dean of the Faculty of Engineering at Islamic Azad University. Dr. Heravi has published in several journals including Polymer Research Journal and Thermal Science. His primary research interests include modeling of premixed and non-premixed combustion and biofuel production.
- Ph.D. in Combustion and Energy, University of Cardiff, United Kingdom, 2003
- M.Sc. in Combustion and Energy, Leeds University, Leeds, United Kingdom, 1980
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Salford University, United Kingdom, 1979
- Assistant Professor of Instruction, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, Philadelphia, September 20015 – present
- Dean of Faculty of Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Mashhad Branch, Iran, 2005-2012
- Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Mashhad, Iran, 1989-2014
- Lecturer, Department of Physics, University of Birjand, Birjand, Iran, 1985-1989
- M.M.Arya, A.F.Rad, P.Bazyar andH.M.Heravi, Experimental Investigation of Dilution and Swirling on Formation of NOx in Premixed Propane-air Flame, Journal of Mechanical Engineering of Amirkabir, Vol 1, Summer 2015.
- Hamid Momahedi Heravi, Saeed Baghdar Hosseini, Fatemeh Farash Bamoharram, Javad Baharara, The Effect of Various Vegetable Oils on Pollutant Emissions of Biodiesel Blends with Gasoil in a Furnace, Thermal Science, International Scientific Journal, Published online, March 2015.
- A.Ajilian Momtaz, H.M.Heravi, Experimental Study of Effects of Flu Gas Recirculation Technique on Maximum flame Temperature and the NOx Emission of Gasoil and Biodiesel Combustion, Journal of Energy Management, Vol.2,No.3, Autumn 2012.
- A.Rangrazi, H.Niazmand and H.M.Heravi, Experimental Study of Argon Dilution Effects on NOx Emission in a Non-premixed Flame in Comparison with nitrogen, Korean J.Chem.Eng.,30(8), 1588-1593, 2013.
- M.Fahiminia, M.Naserian, H. Goshayeshi and H.M.Heravi, Experimental Investigation of Natural Convection heat Transfer of the Fin Arrangement on a Computer Heat Sink, Scientific Research and Essays Vol.7(36),pp. 3162-3171, 13 September,2012
Principal research interests lie in the field of combustion modeling and pollution:
- Modeling of Premixed and Non Premixed Combustion
- Burning Velocity
- Bio Fuel Production, Combustion and Pollution
- The Strategies of NOx Reduction