Monday and Wednesday 12:30 to 2:00 PM
Thursday 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
• Ph.D. Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2009
• M.S Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2004
• B.S. Construction Engineering, American University in Cairo, 2000
• Assistant Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Temple University, 2014 – Present
• Assistant Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin Platteville, 2012 – 2014
• Bautista, E., A. Faheem, R. Saha, K. Sovolev, “Characterization of Damage and Aging Resistance of Asphalt Mastics with Coal Combustion By-Products”. Accepted at the T&DI Airfield & Highway Pavements Conference, Miami, Florida, 2015
• Titi, H., A. Faheem, E. Tutumuler, “Evaluation of Compacted Aggregate Base Course Layers”. Proceedings of the ASCE Geo-Congress, Atlanta, Georgia, 2014.
• Shaata, M., F.F. Mahmoud, X.-L. Gaob, and A. Faheem. "Size-Dependent Bending Analysis of Kirchhoff Nano-plates Based on a Modified Couple-Stress Theory Including Surface Effects", International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Volume 79, February 2014, Pages 31-37
• Titi, H., A. Faheem, H. Tabatabai, E. Tutumuler, “nfluence of Aggregate Base Layer Variability on Pavement Performance”. Proceedings of the Transportation Research Board 93rd Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C. 2014
• Shangguan, P., I. L. Al-Qadi, Z. Leng, R. Schmitt, and A. Faheem, "A New Approach for Asphalt Pavement Compaction Monitoring Using Ground Penetrating Radar", Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Volume 2347, 2013, pp 79-87.
• Faheem, A. K. Sobolev, “Evaluation of Different Types of Fly Ash in Green ASHphalt Pavements”, Proceedings of the ASCE Transportation and Development Institute’s Conference, Los Angeles, California, June 9-12, 2013.
• Faheem, A. R. Schmitt, and I. Al-Qadi, “Portable Seismic Pavement Analyzer for Paving Quality Assurance”, Proceedings of the Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting January 13-17, 2013. Washington, D.C
• Faheem, A., C. Hintz, H. Bahia, "Influence of Filler Fractional Voids on Mastic and Mixture Performance", Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Volume 2294, 2012, pp 74-80.
Pavement Management, Sustainable Infrastructure, Pavement Rehabilitation, in service pavement performance characterization, asphalt binder, mastic, and mixture laboratory characterization, Rheological analysis and modeling,
Funding comes from many federal and state agencies, as well as private entities.