Mr. Thomas Edwards is an Associate Professor of Instruction in Engineering Management and the Director of the Engineering Management Program. Mr. Edwards pursues organizational innovation from the three perspectives of research, practical application, and teaching. His many years of practical experience include driving innovation from the top management team of a NYSE-listed company. This practical experience is augmented by doctoral research into the processes of organizational innovation. Mr. Edwards weaves together the insights of a research scholar and a practical leader to lead graduate students to understand how to utilize innovation in the pursuit of their organizational missions.
- DPS (candidate) in Management, Lubin School of Business, Pace University
- Master of Business Administration, LaSalle University, 1994
- Master of Mechanical Engineering, Villanova University, 1985
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University, 1978
- GE Advanced Course in Engineering, the A-Course
- GE Management Development Course, Crotonville, NY
- GE Project Leadership Course, Crotonville, NY
- Associate Professor and the Program Manager of the Engineering Management Program, Temple University (2015 – present)
- Adjunct Faculty, Drexel University, Engineering Management (1994 to 2015)
- Adjunct Faculty, DeSales University, MBA program (2000 to 2015)
- Vice President Engineering, 8/14 – 6/15, ASI Technologies, Inc.
- Corporate New Product Director, 2/07 - 10/13, Met-Pro Corporation.
- Vice President and General Manager, Met-Pro Systems Division, 1/96 - 1/07, Met-Pro Corporation
- Assistant to the CEO, 6/95 - 12/95, Met-Pro Corporation
- Propulsion Engineering Manager, 6/92 – 6/95, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Mechanical Engineering Manager, 6/89 – 6/92, General Electric Company
- Chief Engineer for Business Development, 6/87-6/89, General Electric Company
- Design Engineer, 4/85-6/87, General Electric Company
- Project Engineer- solid propellant rocket motors, 6/82 to 4/85, Morton Thiokol, Inc.
- Design and Analysis Engineer - Space Shuttle program, 8/78-6/82, Martin Marietta Corp.
Service to the Community
- Advisory Board Member, Montgomery County Community College, Engineering
- Member, Board of Directors, NCKRI, National Research Institute
- Review Panel member, innovation research and IUCRC grants, National Science Foundation.
- Member, Board of Directors, Hedwig House, “a job, a friend and a home for those challenged by mental illness”
- Investment Advisory Board Member (Physical Science), Ben Franklin Technology Partners-SEPA
- Board Member, Air Pollution Control Board of the City of Philadelphia
- Executive Service Corps Consultant (pro-bono), Non Profit Center at the Business School at La Salle University
- Edwards, T., & Byrne J. (2013). Architectural Innovation. In Eric Kessler (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Management Theory. Los Angeles, CA: Sage
- Edwards, T.V. (2014, November). Trust, the transfer of tacit knowledge, and third-party contractual obligations; an inter-organizational learning case study. Paper presented at the Northeast Business & Economics Conference, West Long Branch, NJ.
- Edwards, T.V. (2014). An empirical investigation into the accumulative antecedents of R&D productivity. Paper presented at the American Society of Engineering Management conference, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Best Conference Paper Award – American Society of Engineering Management – 2014
- Best Doctoral Student Paper Award - Northeast Business & Economics Conference - 2014
- Drexel University - 2009 Outstanding Online Instructor– College of Engineering
- De Sales University – 2010 – Addressed the MBA faculty regarding best in class methods for face-to-face teaching