- Ph.D. University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Biomechanics, 2000
- M.S. Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanics, 1994
- B.S. Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Mechanical Engineering, 1991
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 2011 - present
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 2005 - 2011
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2000 - 2005
- Research Associate, Computational Biomechanics, Department of Mechanical Engineering , University of Virginia, 2000
- Graduate Research Assistant, Brain Biomechanics, Department of Mechanical Engineering , University of Virginia, 1996 – 1999
- Instructor, Statics and Strength of Materials, Sharif University of Technology, 1995 – 1996
- Graduate Research Assistant, Fracture Mechanics, Department of Materials & Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, 1996
- Graduate Research Assistant, Bone Biomechanics, Sharif University of Technology, 1994 – 1995
- Wright, W.G., Rastgar Agah, M., Darvish, K., and Keshner, E. (2013). Head Stabilization Shows Visual and Inertial Dependence during Passive Stimulation: Implications for Virtual Rehabilitation, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 21(2), 191-197.
- Assari, S., Kaufmann, A. Darvish, K., Park, J., Haw, J., Safadi, F., and Rehman, S. (2013). Biomechanical Comparison of Locked Plating and Spiral Blade Retrograde Nailing Of Supracondylar Femur Fractures, Injury, 44(10), 1340–1345.
- Hemmasizadeh A., Autieri M., and Darvish K. (2012). Multilayer Material Properties of Aorta Determined from Nanoindentation Tests, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 15, 199-207.
- Hemmasizadeh A., Darvish K., and Autieri M., (2012). Characterization of Changes to the Mechanical Properties of Arteries due to Cold Storage Using Nanoindentation Tests, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 40(7), 1434-1442.
- Laksari, K., Shafieian, M., and Darvish, K. (2012). Constitutive Model for Brain Tissue under Finite Compression, Journal of Biomechanics, 45(4), 642-646.
- Assari, S., Darvish, K., and Ilyas, A.M. (2012). Biomechanical Analysis of Second Generation Headless Compression Screws, Injury, 43(7), 1159-1165
- Darvish, K., Shafieian, M., & Rehman, S. (2009). The Effect of Tip Geometry on the Mechanical Performance of Unused and Reprocessed. Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 223 (5), 625-35.
- Shafieian, M., Darvish, K., & Stone, J. R. (2009). Changes to the Viscoelastic Properties of Brain Tissue after Traumatic Axonal. Journal of Biomechanics, 42 (13), 2136-2142.
- Darvish, K. (2009). Comparison between the Dynamic Moduli of Fully Nonlinear and Quasilinear Viscoelastic Materials. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 44 (2), 239-243.
- Darvish, K., Shafieian, M., Romanov, V., Rotella, V., Salvatore Jr., M. D. , Blebea, J., (2009). Development of an In vitro Porcine Aorta Model to Study the Stability of Stent Grafts in Motor Vehicle Accidents. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 131 (4), 044505:1-4.
- Tierney, R. T., Higgins, M., Caswell, S. V. , Brady, J., McHardy, K., Driban, J. B., and Darvish, K., (2008). Gender Differences in Head Acceleration during Soccer Heading Wearing Soccer Headgear. Journal of Athletic Training, 43 (6), 578-584.
- Tissue Biomechanics
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Aortic Rupture
- Orthopedic Devices
- Human body dynamics
- National Institutes of Health
- American Heart Association
- Naval Air Systems Command