MWF 3:00-4:00 pm and Walk-ins or by appointment
- Ph.D. University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Biomechanics, 2000
- M.S. Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanics, 1994
- B.S. Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Mechanical Engineering, 1991
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 2011 - present
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 2005 - 2011
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2000 - 2005
- Research Associate, Computational Biomechanics, Department of Mechanical Engineering , University of Virginia, 2000
- Graduate Research Assistant, Brain Biomechanics, Department of Mechanical Engineering , University of Virginia, 1996 – 1999
- Instructor, Statics and Strength of Materials, Sharif University of Technology, 1995 – 1996
- Graduate Research Assistant, Fracture Mechanics, Department of Materials & Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, 1996
- Graduate Research Assistant, Bone Biomechanics, Sharif University of Technology, 1994 – 1995
- Hemmasizadeh A, Tsamis A, Cheheltani R, Assari S, D’Amore A, Autieri M, Kiani MF, Pleshko N, Wagner WR, Watkins SC, Vorp D, and Darvish K. (2015) Correlations between transmural mechanical and morphological properties in porcine thoracic descending aorta. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 47, 12–20.
- Laksari, K., Assari, S., Seibold, B., Sadeghipour, K., and Darvish, K. (2014) Computational Simulation of the Mechanical Response of Brain Tissue under Blast Loading, Journal of Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 1-14, DOI: 10.1007/s10237-014-0616-2
- Keshner, E.A., Slaboda, J.C., Lanaria Day, L., and Darvish, K. (2014) Visual Conflict and Cognitive Load Modify Postural Responses to Vibrotactile Noise, Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation 2014, 11:6, 1-9.
- Laksari, K., Sadeghipour, K., and Darvish, K. (2014) Mechanical Response of Brain Tissue under Blast Loading, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 32, 132 – 144.
- Assari, S., Laksari, K., Barbe, M. and Darvish, K. (2013) “Cerebral Blood Pressure Rise during Blast Exposure in a Rat Model of Blast-Induced Traumatic Brain Injury”, IMECE2013-64992, Proceedings of ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition IMECE 2013, San Diego, CA.
- Dalta, N.V., Konh, B., Koo, J.Y., Choi, D.J.W., Yu, Y., Dicker, A., Podder, T., Darvish, K., Hutapea, P. (2014) Polyacrylamide Phantom for Self-Actuating Needle–Tissue Interaction Studies, Medical Engineering & Physics, 36(1), pp. 140-145.
- Wright, W.G., Rastgar Agah, M., Darvish, K., and Keshner, E. (2013). Head Stabilization Shows Visual and Inertial Dependence during Passive Stimulation: Implications for Virtual Rehabilitation, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 21(2), 191-197.
- Assari, S., Kaufmann, A. Darvish, K., Park, J., Haw, J., Safadi, F., and Rehman, S. (2013). Biomechanical Comparison of Locked Plating and Spiral Blade Retrograde Nailing Of Supracondylar Femur Fractures, Injury, 44(10), 1340–1345.
- Hemmasizadeh A., Autieri M., and Darvish K. (2012). Multilayer Material Properties of Aorta Determined from Nanoindentation Tests, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 15, 199-207.
- Hemmasizadeh A., Darvish K., and Autieri M., (2012). Characterization of Changes to the Mechanical Properties of Arteries due to Cold Storage Using Nanoindentation Tests, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 40(7), 1434-1442.
- Laksari, K., Shafieian, M., and Darvish, K. (2012). Constitutive Model for Brain Tissue under Finite Compression, Journal of Biomechanics, 45(4), 642-646.
- Assari, S., Darvish, K., and Ilyas, A.M. (2012). Biomechanical Analysis of Second Generation Headless Compression Screws, Injury, 43(7), 1159-1165
- Darvish, K., Shafieian, M., & Rehman, S. (2009). The Effect of Tip Geometry on the Mechanical Performance of Unused and Reprocessed. Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 223 (5), 625-35.
- Shafieian, M., Darvish, K., & Stone, J. R. (2009). Changes to the Viscoelastic Properties of Brain Tissue after Traumatic Axonal. Journal of Biomechanics, 42 (13), 2136-2142.
- Darvish, K. (2009). Comparison between the Dynamic Moduli of Fully Nonlinear and Quasilinear Viscoelastic Materials. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 44 (2), 239-243.
- Darvish, K., Shafieian, M., Romanov, V., Rotella, V., Salvatore Jr., M. D. , Blebea, J., (2009). Development of an In vitro Porcine Aorta Model to Study the Stability of Stent Grafts in Motor Vehicle Accidents. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 131 (4), 044505:1-4.
- Tierney, R. T., Higgins, M., Caswell, S. V. , Brady, J., McHardy, K., Driban, J. B., and Darvish, K., (2008). Gender Differences in Head Acceleration during Soccer Heading Wearing Soccer Headgear. Journal of Athletic Training, 43 (6), 578-584.
- Tissue Biomechanics
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Aortic Rupture
- Orthopedic Devices
- Human body dynamics
- National Institutes of Health
- American Heart Association
- Naval Air Systems Command