Tuesday & Thursday 2:00 - 2:50 pm
Friday 11:00 - 11:50 am
- Ph.D., Drexel University, 1985
- M.S., Drexel University, 1981
- B.S.M.E., National Taiwan University, 1976
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1996 - present
- Visiting Professor, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, February-June 2010
- Professor and Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 2001 – 2004
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1990 – 1996
- Graduate Program Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1992–95, 1998–2001, 2004–05
- Faculty Sabbatical Leave, Advanced Ceramics and Metals Branch, Naval Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division, Warminster, PA, December 1991 – August 1992
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1985 – 1990
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University, March-August 1985
- Fellowship/Research/Teaching Assistant, Drexel University, 1979 – 1985
- Jim S. Chen, Zhi Chen, Saroj Biswas, J. J. Miao, C. H. Hsieh, “Torque and Power Coefficients of a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine with Optimal Pitch Control,” ASME Power 2010-27224 (Proceedings), ASME 2010 Power Conference, Chicago, July 11-15, 2010.
- Jinho Kim and Jim S. Chen, “Effect of Inhaling Patterns on Aerosol Drug Delivery,” IMECE2008-66685, presented at the 2008 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November, 2008, Boston (Proceedings).