Tuesday & Thursday 2:00 - 2:50 pm
Friday 11:00 - 11:50 am
Dr. Chen is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the Chair of the Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Ph.D., Drexel University, 1985
- M.S., Drexel University, 1981
- B.S.M.E., National Taiwan University, 1976
- Department Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 2016 - present
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1996 - present
- Visiting Professor, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, February-June 2010
- Professor and Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 2001 – 2004
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1990 – 1996
- Graduate Program Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1992–95, 1998–2001, 2004–05
- Faculty Sabbatical Leave, Advanced Ceramics and Metals Branch, Naval Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division, Warminster, PA, December 1991 – August 1992
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1985 – 1990
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University, March-August 1985
- Fellowship/Research/Teaching Assistant, Drexel University, 1979 – 1985
- Jui-Ming Yu, Tzong-Shyng Leu, Jiun-Jih Miau, and Shih-Jiun Chen, "MEMS Flexible Thermal Flow Sensor for Measurement of Boundary Layer Separation,” Modern Physics Letters B, Vol. 30, No. 15 (2016) 1650177 (16 pages), World Scientific Publishing.
- T. S. Leu, J. M. Yu, J. J. Miau and S. J. Chen, “MEMS Flexible Thermal Flow Sensors for Measurement of Unsteady Flow above a Pitching Wind Turbine Blade,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Volume 77, October 2016, Pages 167–178, Elsevier.
- Paul Fagette, Shih-Jiun Chen, George R. Baran, Solomon P. Samue, and Mohammad F. Kiani, “Engineering a General Education Program: Designing Mechanical Engineering General Education Courses,” Innov. High Educ., Vol. 38, 2013, pp. 117-128, Springer.