Friday 10:00 - 11:00
Saroj Biswas is the Interim Associate Dean for Research and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering specializing in control and optimization of dynamic systems, electrical machines and power systems, multiagent systems, and distributed parameter systems. His current research focuses on security of cyber-physical systems based on multiagent framework with applications to the power grid, and the development of an intelligent virtual laboratory for electrical machines. He has also developed a control theoretic framework for regulation of magnetic signatures. Dr. Biswas is the author or co-author of over 100 research articles in refereed journals or conferences, and has been involved with $1.5M funded research from various industries and federal sources including NSF and ONR. He is an associate editor of Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, Series B, and is a member of IEEE, ASEE, and Sigma Xi.
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Ottawa, Canada, 1985
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1977
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1975
- Interim Associate Dean, College of Engineering, Temple University, July 2015-present
- Interim Chair, College of Engineering, Temple University, 2012-2015
- Professor, College of Engineering, Temple University, 2004-present
- Chair, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Temple University, 2004-2009
- Associate Professor, 1991-2004
- Assistant Professor, 1986-1991
- Saroj Biswas, Qing Dong and Li Bai,“Computation of Optimal Control of Linear Systems Using HAAR Wavelets”, International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Volume 8, Number 5(B), May 2012, PP-3819-3831.
- Dong Qing, Saroj Biswas, and Li Bai, “Multiagent Based Federated Control of a Class of Nonlinear Systems”, Journal of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, Vol 18, pp. 573-588, 2011.
- Biswas S.K. and Ahmed N.U., “Optimal Control of Flow-Induced Vibration of Pipeline”, Dynamics and Control, Vol. 11, pp. 187-201, 2001.
- Saroj Biswas, Frank Ferrese, Qing Dong and Li Bai, “Resilient Consensus Control for Linear Systems in a Noisy Environment”, The 2012 American Control Conference (ACC2012), June 27, 2012. Montreal, Canada.
- Shih-Jiun Chen, Zhi Chen, Saroj Biswas, Jiun-Jih Miau, Cheng-Han Hsieh, “Torque and Power Coefficients of a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine with optimal Pitch Control”, ASME 2010 Power Conference, Chicago, July 2010.
- Optimization and Control
- Magnetic Signatures
- Control System Security
- Multiagent Systems
- Power Systems
- Distributed Systems
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Naval Research