Monday 3:00-3:50 pm
Tuesday-Thursday 1:00-1:50 pm
Graduate Students ONLY
- B.S.E. Metallurgical Engineering, The University of Michigan, 1972
- M.S.E. Materials Engineering, The University of Michigan, 1973
- Ph.D. Materials Engineering, and Dental Materials, The University of Michigan, 1976
- Associate Dean, College of Engineering, September 2003-present
- Professor (Mechanical Engineering), July 1999-present, Temple University
- Director, Center for Bioengineering and Biomaterials, July 1999-present, Temple University
- Adjunct Professor (Chemistry), December 2006-present, Temple University
- Visiting Research Professor, Department of Chemistry, Drexel University, May 2003-April 2004
- Acting Chair, Department of Chemistry, September 1999-August 2000, Temple University
- Adjunct Professor of General Restorative Dentistry, University of Pennsylvania, December 1999-July 2003
- Biologist (Department of Medicine), September 1995-August 1996, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard School of Medicine
- Professor (School of Dentistry), July 1991-June 1999, Temple University
- Associate Professor with Tenure (School of Dentistry), July 1983-June 1991, Temple University
- Member of Graduate Faculty, 1981
- Assistant Professor (School of Dentistry), July 1978-June 1983, Temple University
- Wan, Q.; Ramsey, C.; Baran, G.: “Thermal Pretreatment of Silica Composite Filler Materials”. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 99: 237-243, 2010.
- Wang, W.; Kistler, K.A.; Sadeghipour, K.; Baran, G.R.: “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of AFM Studies of a Single Polymer Chain”. Physics Letters A 372: 7007-7010, 2008.
- Samuel S.P.; Baran G.R.; Wei Y.; and Davis B.L. “Biomechanics of bone fractures”. In: Bone Pathology, 2nd ed., Khurana, J.S. editor. The Humana Press Inc., Totowa, NJ. 2009. ISBN 978-1-58829-766-2.
- Samuel, SP.; Li, S.; Mukherjee, I.; Guo, Y.; Patel, A.C.; Baran, G.R.; Wei, Y. “Mechanical Properties of Experimental Dental Composites Containing a Combination of Mesoporous and Nonporous Spherical Silica as Fillers”. Dental Materials 25:296- 301, 2009.
- Wang, W.; Sadeghipour, K.; Baran, G.R.: “Finite Element Analysis of the Effect of an Interphase on Toughening of a Particle-Reinforced Polymer Composite”. Composites: Part A39(6): 956-964, 2008.
- Baran, G. Principal Investigator) et al.: Finite Element Analysis of Adolescent Idiopathic
- Scoliosis to Predict Long-Term Degenerative Sequelae. Shriners Hospitals for
- Children, 7/1/2011-6/31/2014, $182,850 total costs.
- Baran, G. (Principal Investigator) et al.: “Interphases for Tougher Composites”. NIH,
- R21 DE 19885, 7/1/2009-6/30/2012), $407,500 total costs.
- Baran, G. (Principal Investigator) et al.: “Ordered Dental Nanocomposites”. NIH,
- R21 DE 18330, 6/1/07-5/31/11, $879,095 total costs.