Graduating seniors interested in being the student speaker at the College of Engineering Graduation Ceremony use the following guidelines.
Criteria for the College of Engineering undergraduate student speaker
- The student speaker is a graduating senior with a minimum GPA of 3.00
- The student speaker is a representative of the graduating class who has made a constructive social and/or educational impact on the College of Engineering community.
- The student speaker is well spoken and able to capture the celebration of this capstone event within the time allowed (4-5 minutes).
- A written summary or outline of your proposed speech.
- A one-page personal statement indicating your future goals, past accomplishments, and your reason(s) for wishing to represent your class as Undergraduate Student Speaker.
- A current resume or cv.
- A recommendation from a faculty member that reflects your strongest qualities.
Applications for the Fall 2016 ceremony are due: Friday, October 14th to Yvette Gibson in room 204 of the College of Engineering