In this program you will focus on the technology layer within the cyber-physical security paradigm, and on the tools and methodologies needed to ensure trustworthiness and asset protection of hardware and network systems. The Professional Science Master’s (PSM) in Computer and Systems Security is a graduate level degree designed and taught by top industry professionals to meet industry needs and create work-place readiness.
The experience-oriented approach to learning offers a solid foundation in technical knowledge and professional skills, exposure to a hardware-lab with network equipment and preparation for industry recognized certificates. An optional applied learning or workplace component provides insights only gained from hands-on experience. Graduates will have the tools to take their careers in network security to a higher level.
This evening program requires 30 semester hours and can be completed in 18-months. Courses are taught by faculty and industry experts. Students in the program will complete a capstone project to round out the program with practical work experience.
Required Core Courses (21 semester hours)
- ECE 5516 Introduction to Computer Networks & Its Security
- ECE 5526 Engineering Principles of Computer Instrusion & Detection, Intelligence & Counterintelligence
- ECE 5528 Cryptography
- ECE 5538 Hardware & Industrial Control System Security
- ECE 5548 Secure Computer Memory Architecture & Intrusion Prevention Methologies OR ECE 9182 Cloud Computing Security
- MIS 5202 IT Governance
- ECE 5575 Capstone
Elective Courses (9 semester hours)
The program may be tailored to the student’s career path with courses in the areas of:
- Hardware component and device design-for-security
- Embedded security safeguards
- Engineered resilient systems
- Reverse engineering for counterintelligence
- Quality and risk management of hardware security projects
- Certificate Preparation — (ISC)2® and Cisco Networking Academy®
For those interested in this subject matter, there is also a short-format professional certificate in Computer and Systems Security.